- Author of research articles, textbooks, and non-fiction books on mathematics including the international bestseller Fermat’s Last Theorem
- Nominated for a Los Angeles Times Book Award
- Appears nationwide on CNN, CNBC, and Nightline — and on over a hundred radio programs including NPR’s Weekend Edition and Morning Edition
- Aczel is a Fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- Aczel lucidly explains the science, mystery and mathematics of Descartes — who has never been so lively as he is in the pages of Aczel’s first-rate biography and social history.
"A mathematical bonbon of a book"
"Captivating...a tale of buried treasure...lucidly presented"
"Amir’s ... talk was excellent and he connected well with the audience and students, he was great … I highly recommend him"
"It is a wonderful time to glance back over Einstein's path in developing the field equation...fortunately, we have a fabulous guide in Amir D. Aczel."