- Co-Winner of the Pulitzer Prize as a member of the investigative team that uncovered the Iran-Contra scandal
- The Latin American editor and syndicated foreign affairs columnist of The Oppenheimer Report, appearing in The Miami Herald and more than 60 US and foreign newspapers
- Best-selling author of four books, including Saving the Americas and Basta de Historias, illuminating accounts of the economy of Latin America
- Named “one of the 50 most influential Latin American intellectuals” by Foreign Policy en Español magazine
- Star of the Emmy-winning Oppenheimer Presenta, a Spanish-language television show that airs on CNN en Espanol in over 19 countries, and regular political analyst with CNN en Espanol
- Winner of numerous awards, including: the Inter-American Press Association Award, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists Award, the Ortega y Gasset Award, the Maria Moors Cabot Award of Columbia University, the King of Spain Award, the Overseas Press Club Award, and the Suncoast Emmy Award
- Selected by Forbes Media Guide as one of the “500 most important journalists” and by Poder Magazine as one of the “100 most powerful people” in Latin America
Once again, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Andres Oppenheimer shows his deep understanding of the dramatic changes in Latin America … this book is a must-read. Oppenheimer gives his readers hope for a new vision in Latin America.
His investigative skills are considerable and his story sense wonderful. 'Bordering on Chaos' is not merely a 'must-read,' it's a great read.
Oppenheimer was fantastic--he set the tone for the 2-day conference and many of the subsequent speakers referred to his speech.