- National Book Award-winning author of Middle Passage, Dr. Charles Johnson writes compelling novels that addresses the issues of being African-American.
- A noted scholar of Buddhism, and has written with insight about the life and philosophies of Martin Luther King Jr.
- He received the Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, and is widely regarded as one of America’s greatest living writers.
- His books include: Black Humor, Faith and the Good Thing , Oxherding Tale, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice: Tales and Conjurations, Being and Race: Black Writing Since 1970, Dreamer, Soulcatcher: And Other Stories, Turning the Wheel, and Dr. King’s Refrigerator: And Other Bedtime Stories.
- Be sure to ask about Dr. Johnson’s ‘Guerrilla Writing Workshops’!
...students are still talking about how (Charles Johnson) inspired them.
…people were raving....
…wonderfully informative, entertaining, and inspirational.
...luxuriant, intoxicating prose...