- National Book Award Finalist for Breathless: The Scientific Race to Defeat a Deadly Virus
- Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic — an astonishing quest to discover how and why these diseases emerge, and he asks the terrifying question: What might the next big one be, and when will it surface? As it turns out … now we know, it’s Covid-19
- Honored with an Academy Award in Literature from the American Academy of Arts and Letters and is three-time recipient of the National Magazine Award
- His work has appeared in Harper’s, National Geographic, The Atlantic, The New York Times Book Review, and in many anthologies, including: “The Best American Science Writing 2005”
- Author of what many consider the definitive biography on Charles Darwin, The Reluctant Mr. Darwin
David Quammen is simply the best natural essayist working today.
Rich detail and vivid anecdotes of adventure....A treasure trove of exotic fact and hard thinking.
…with clarity, brevity, and quick, colorful anecdotes, he sketches a compelling story.
…the event was a huge success. David packed the auditorium and we had community come to our lecture who had never been on campus before! ...charming, witty and very interesting...