- Jaha Dukureh’s work directly led to FGM being banned in The Gambia.
- TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People for 2016
- She helped create a law in the US that made it illegal to transport girls out of the US for the purpose of FGM.
- Her advocacy work has a global reach with her organization, which mobilizes young people around the world to engage key stakeholders to combat FGM.
- “Until the education of a girl becomes a right rather than a privilege, we are failing our girls”.
VIDEO: Trailer for “Jaha’s Journey” (warning- includes disturbing images)
"In speaking out against female genital mutilation, Jaha Dukureh has refused to let horror be silenced."