- Recipient of the “Outstanding Chinese Student in America” award, Top 100 Chinese Public Intellectuals, 50 Most Respected Chinese Citizens
- Widely recognized as a leading architect for democracy in China, and is at the forefront of the Chinese Democracy Movement.
- He established the Foundation for China in the 21st Century and is the co-author of a constitution for a democratic China.
- Dr. Yang was protesting in Tiananmen Square when the now infamous massacre took place. His involvement in the cause put him on a list of 48 leaders banned from China by the Chinese government.
- Dr. Yang holds a deep conviction that the path to democracy in China lies through the awakening of a unified Citizen Power (Gong Min Li Liang) among all the peoples under Chinese government rule.
- Dr. Yang received his BA and MA from Chinese universities in mathematics and statistics, respectively. He obtained his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of California, Berkeley, and received a second Ph.D. from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
“We were incredibly moved by his story, his courage and dedication to the democracy in China. His message of loving one another was surely the right one for not only this campus but for the world. He is always welcome to come 'home' to Principia. “
“A Chinese Star”