- A renowned speaker, accomplished author, master mariner, and lifelong environmentalist, Captain Watson has been awarded many honors for his dedication to the oceans and to the planet
- Captain Paul Watson founded the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as an anti-poaching organization. That organization is now a global movement, registered in over 40 nations and operating 14 ships with anti-poaching partnerships with Ecuador (Galapagos) Gabon, Liberia, Sao Tome, Tanzania, Mexico, Dominica, Italy and Peru.
- CPW is a marine wildlife conservation and environmental activist. Watson was one of the founding members and directors of Greenpeace. In 1977, he left Greenpeace and founded the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.
- Recipient of the Genesis Award for Lifetime Achievement in 1998,
- Named as one of the Top 20 Environmental Heroes of the 20th Century by Time Magazine in 2000
- Inducted into the U.S. Animal Rights Hall of Fame in Washington D.C. in 2002.
- Amazon Peace Prize by the president of Ecuador in 2007.
- In 2012, Captain Watson became only the second person, after Captain Jacques Cousteau, to be awarded the Jules Verne Award, dedicated to environmentalists and adventurers.
- In 2022, Captain Paul Watson continues his fight for marine wildlife conservation with the new Captain Paul Watson Foundation.
He had the audience captivated with his thoughts, and views, and experiences for a full hour! He gave so much great information to get people really thinking about the world and human behavior!
Capital A a-mazing! He was a veritable encyclopedia of environmental knowledge! I can't wait to see what's in store for him in the future!