- President of the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, the country’s first ‘Black Think Tank’.
- Former Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Policy in the U.S. Department of Justice for the Obama Administration
- Author of Stealing Democracy: The New Politics of Voter Suppression
- Professor at George Washington Law School and Senior Fellow at Demos
- Expert on Voter Suppression and Racial Disparities in Politics
"…thorough, brilliant, impartial..."
"…[Overton] reveals a dirty little secret: our democratic system is crumbling and, with it, the legitimacy of our institutions."
"...a must for every American who cares about the integrity of our electoral system."
"...Overton was quite accessible to our students and very generous in responding to questions. He was a great choice--great content, great role model!"