- Co-founder, national Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, leaders in the movement to get toxic chemicals out of personal care products
- Media Director, California Right to Know campaign, the historic ballot initiative effort to label genetically engineered foods in California
- Communications director of Health Care Without Harm. This group works to transform health care worldwide to reduce its environmental footprint, become a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice.
- Wall Street Journal named Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry one of the best environmental reads
- Recipient of the Best of Green Award
Thank you for exposing the truth. The jig is up!
…gripping… This book should be read by all women and men…
"Stacy Malkan strips back the layers of the powerful cosmetic industry and reveals the truth about the personal care products we use daily. Not Just a Pretty Face offers up shocking information backed up by powerful studies and quotes from experts – all packaged in an accessible style that doesn't alarm but informs. What's more, Malkan provides to necessary tools to help consumers make better choices ― for themselves, their children and the planet."
Be prepared for the urge to take out and investigate every product in your bathroom....