- Celebrated author of books including A Strange Stirring: The Feminine Mystique — and the award-winning Marriage, A History: How Love Conquered Marriage.
- Director of Research at the nonpartisan Council on Contemporary Families
- Confronts challenges facing the American family
- Fifty Years of Feminism: Where Do We Stand?
- Is the Personal Still Political? Women’s Private and Public Lives
- Available for writing workshops! Additional information can be provided.
NEW FROM STEPHANIE COONTZ
The Way We Never Were: Revisited
In 1992, acclaimed historian Stephanie Coontz produced a myth-shattering examination of two centuries of the American family, sweeping away misconceptions about the past that cloud current debates. This revised edition features a new introduction by the author assessing what trends she got right, what she got wrong, and what she missed entirely. A new epilogue explains how the clash between growing gender equality and growing economic inequality is reshaping family life, marriage, and male-female relationships.
New Lecture Topic! “Uncharted Territory: The American Family in the 21st Century”.
This talk explains how new patterns of marriage, work, parenting, growing up, and growing old are changing American life, from the boardroom to the bedroom. Essential information for businesses, policy-makers, educators and other professionals who want to better understand how their clients, customers, constituencies, and employees — not to mention their own families — are changing.
"…no authority I trust more..."
"… perceptive, thought-provoking, and incisive... difficult to find a more engaging, eloquent, witty or persuasive speaker."
"...a thoughtful speaker who keeps the audience's attention with her provocative insights. At conferences, she is the one everyone talks about during breaks between sessions."
"She was RIVETING and BRILLIANT -- and we as well as everyone in the audience LOVED HER!"