- After a lifetime of drawing hilarious political art, covering nine presidents, Steve Brodner is busier than ever … tracking Donald Trump. His talk ranges from work featuring President Trump going back to 1988, right up to Brodner’s acclaimed recent panorama (featured on this page) of “The Court of Donald I”.
- Lecture also includes work from his book in progress, Presidents, 1896-
- Work is featured in major US magazines, newspapers, and websites — including The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, The Nation, Mother Jones, The New Yorker, and Rolling Stone — with animations featured by PBS, thenewyorker.com, and Slate.com.
- Integral force in the movement to revive the art of caricature in the media — and the subject of a major retrospective show at the Norman Rockwell Museum
- Books of work include Freedom Fries, Fold N’ Tuck, Davy Crockett, and Sharing the Pie.
(“The Court of Donald I“)
(click to view full size)
…unique and disturbing art…cynical, vitriolic gem with considerable artistic merit.
…one of the great Captains of an art which few are truly blessed to wield as a weapon.
...a full house--and we were not disappointed! He quickly captured the attention and imagination of our students, challenged them to think in fresh ways about communication, and provided insights and tools they can use in all academic disciplines