Why is it so hard to fall asleep a few hours before your regular bedtime?
When you start chatting with a stranger on a plane, why is it so common to find that you have a mutual acquaintance?
What can twisting a rubber band teach us about our DNA?
- Writings include The Joy of X, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos, Sync, and The Calculus of Friendship: What a Teacher and a Student Learned about Life while Corresponding about Math
- Received numerous awards including the Presidential Young Investigator Award from the National Science Foundation along with the Communications Award from the Joint Policy Board for Mathematics
- Winner of the AAAS Public Engagement with Science Award Recipients
- Work has been featured in Nature magazine, the New York Times, U.S. News and World Report, Discover and Newsweek
- Infinite Powers is a New York Times Best-Seller.
Steve is the best speaker, bar none, we've ever had... He listened and hit exactly the right level for the diverse audience. He was spontaneous while also being really well prepared. He is passionate, funny, relaxed, and genuine…He was a stunning presenter with a message that was accessible and yet complex. Perfect!
Dr. Strogatz's presentation was wonderful - we have received so much positive feedback from attendees. His session was nearly packed, and the book signing afterwards really commanded a crowd.