- A sex trafficking survivor
- Founder and Executive Director of Purple W.I.N.G.S. (Women Inspiring Noble Girls Successfully)
- Behavioral health expert, sexual health educator and change agent
- Dedicates her life to protecting women and girls from sexual violence and educates schools, government agencies, and communities on how to prevent sex crimes
- Profiled in documentaries including PBS’ Surviving Sin City, Trafficked No More and Red Light, Green Light
"Never before has a speaker so stirred every cell in my being. Toshia makes the unspeakable speakable. And somehow she does it with impeccable storytelling, unparalleled vulnerability, and authentic humor. TED was created for powerhouses like Toshia who rouse and call each of us to take action."
"Inspirational and exuberant speaker, Toshia’s open, and honest tell-it-like-it-is style will have you on the edge of your seat awaiting her next word."
What an amazing speaker! Toshia was not only a fantastic speaker, holding 500 people’s attention for an hour, but is an amazing individual. She was gracious in all things and a delight to be around. We are all appreciative of you having suggested her to us. Five stars!”
“Toshia was amazing! 500+ people and they were moved by her, and loved her!”