- Named by Time Magazine as one of the “Fifty for the Future” – America’s most promising leaders
- President of The Vaid Group, and Executive Director of Justice Work, a think tank and action lab that is a fiscally sponsored project of the National Center for Civic Innovation (NCCI).
- Author of Virtual Equality: The Mainstreaming of Gay and Lesbian Liberation and Irresistible Revolution: Confronting Race, Class and the Assumptions of LGBT Politics
- As the Director of the Engaging Tradition Project at Columbia Law School’s Center for Gender and Sexuality Law, Vaid studied the use of tradition in arguments by advocates of gender and sexuality-based social justice projects to shape legal and legislative strategies, frame public education messages, and strengthen arguments that advance the rights of groups seeking social justice.
- Former Director of the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force’s Policy Institute, she remains committed to being an LGBT Leader through community-based change, strategic thinking and coalition building.
The conference was a bigger success than we could have dreamed--Urvashi's keynote was the perfect close...she received two standing ovations!
We enjoyed having Urvashi very much--and everyone was very enthusiastic about Urvashi’s lecture!
... intelligent, forthright book [that] contends that American homosexuals have achieved only the appearance of acceptance. Valuable ... and frightening.