May we make a hot suggestion for your summer reading list?
“Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry, ” the award-winning book by Stacy Malkan, is a light – yet thought-provoking – read. It’s even better shared, which is why Stacy and the Campaign invite you, your book club and friends to the first-ever Safe Cosmetics Book Club webinar on Tuesday, August 25 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET.
With a journalist’s clear voice, “Not Just a Pretty Face” tells the story of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, including our discovery of toxic chemicals in personal care products, how the Campaign was founded, our efforts to clean up the U.S. cosmetics industry and company responses – both good and bad.
Stacy has traveled North America and shared her knowledge of safe cosmetics with thousands of people on her book tour – and her next stop is your living room. She’ll walk participants through key chemicals to avoid, explain how you can make safer personal care purchases, answer your questions and reveal how you can help give the cosmetics industry a makeover.
Here’s how to make “Not Just a Pretty Face” your summer book club selection:
1. First, RSVP for the call via ReadyTalk by August 18. Only the host will need to RSVP for the webinar.
2. Invite your book club to read the book by forwarding this e-mail to them. Don’t have an organized book club? No problem! Forward this e-mail to friends, family or neighbors and ask them to join us, or simply join the webinar on your own and be a part of the virtual book club.
3. Purchase the book online through our Web site, and 15 percent of the sale will benefit the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (please allow for 10 days for shipping). Or check your local independent bookstore or library.
4. If you plan to join our live webinar on August 25, make sure you and your book club members read the book in advance. Your book club host must have a computer (for the visual presentation that will accompany Stacy’s talk) and a phone that you can put on speaker.
5. If August 25 doesn’t work for your group you can still participate in this national book party. Register your event on our Web site, and we’ll hook you up with discussion questions, the webinar recording and anything else you need.
For more information about Stacy and “Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry,” click here.