Happy Wednesday! This week, with the upcoming March for the Oceans in DC this weekend, let’s take a look at Sea Shepherd founder Paul Watson, who’ll be in DC. With Paul’s international legal issues behind him, he has returned to our roster to speak out for the world’s oceans. A few things to know about Paul:
- Founding member of Greenpeace, left when the organization rejected his call for direct action.
- Founded the Sea Shepherd Society to take direct action against illegal whaling, baby seal harvesting, etc.
- Japan is still trying to put him in jail for his successful campaign to end whaling in the Southern Ocean.
- The campaigns were televised on ANIMAL PLANET’s “Whale Wars”.
- Author of six books, including Earthforce! An Earth Warrior’s Guide to Strategy
- Sank several whaling ships while anchored at port (no injuries) in Iceland.
Paul is the type of person who does more than talk the talk … he walks the walk.
And that is the story for this week! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest from all of our speakers, scientists and change makers!